Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

6 Reasons why we might flyby Mars in 2018!

Five years from now I might be typing a post for this blog from a Space Capsule. You might wonder, how! On 27 Feb Space.com published a news titled “Married Couple Wanted for Private Mars Voyage in 2018”.

inspiration-mars-spacecraft

(Photo Courtesy: Space.com)

American millionaire Dennis Tito launching his new organization, the Inspiration Mars Foundation, announced his private Mars voyage plan wherein he is planning to send “one male and one female, preferably a married couple”.

And Angel and I might turn out to be that couple! You may ask “How ?”. Here I am going to give 6 reasons why Dennis Tito will consider us.

One, Dennis Tito will be very well pleased to send a husband whose name is same (sounds same) as his! You might wonder is my name “Dennis Tito”? Here is a confession that I long made - What’s in a (nick) name?

The news highlights in January 2018 would read like this -

“Tito sends Titu to Mars”

Second, I have always had a craze for Astronomy and space travel. So much so that I spent the money given for buying school uniform to buy books on Astronomy. Here is a glimpse on my book collections on Astronomy -

My Astronomy Books_1

The first set includes books on “Mars”!

My Astronomy Books_2

My Astronomy Books_3

Do you know how I got this craze for Space Travel? It all started with a dream that I had one night. Read about that dream that inspired interest towards Space Travel - Up, up and up

Third reason why Dennis Tito might send us to Mars. This voyage needs “an adventurous married crew” and we might qualify for our adventurousness! Just a gist on our adventurous spirit -

Mariyosh & Angeline_2Mariyosh & Angeline_3

Fourthly, the newspapers, new channels, news sites and Space.com and Dennis Tito’s company itself will have attractive acronyms and presentation styles while presenting updates on this mission, if we were sent. I believe it has power to give several USP for this campaign.

MMM Mission – Mariyosh’s Maiden Mars Mission

One another headline will be MARS’ MARS,

MARS – Mariyosh & Angeline Reporting from Space

This even has the potential to start off the first Space Radio Station broadcasted literally from Space; as we both would do  a series of Radio Talk Shows from the Space Capsule. “You are listening to MARS’ MARS – Mariyosh & Angeline Reporting from Space.”

10th Wedding AnniversaryFifthly, in 2018 Angel and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. Traditionally Tin or Aluminium products are presented as gifts on 10th anniversaries. In 2018 since we will be flying in Space, the Space Capsule itself will be our wedding gift. Since Aluminium is mostly used in the construction of the Capsule. “Aluminium is very light, and the structure gives the space capsule extra strength.” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_capsule) “Structural components made from aluminium and its alloys are vital to the aerospace industry” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminum).

And the news headlines will read,

“Mariyosh & Angel celebrate their 10th Wedding Anniversary in ‘Inspiration Mars’”. The radio and TV would go live with these - “Inspiration Mars and this Space Capsule in itself is a great gift on our wedding anniversary. Thank you Dennis”.

Sixthly, since India’s Space agency ISRO is planning its maiden mission to Mars in November 2013, Mangalyaan, sending us also gives the possibility of a tie up between Dennis Tito, NASA and ISRO.

I hope Dennis Tito will be completely convinced to choose us for this mission to Mars. But before Denis calls us to talk about this mission I need to convince one more person, that’s my wife. Though at the outset as I told her about this idea of going to Mars in 2018 she was happy, she put forth another 6 reasons why she may not consider going on this mission -

1. No fresh air for 501 days

2. No natural environment – plants, animals

3. It would be boring to sit all the time

4. Can’t have fresh food

5. Time for preparation, the voyage days (501) & time to get accustomed to earth after coming back – Is so much of time, worth?

6. Is it worth the risk?

Walk TogetherIt’s time for me to convince my wife. Even if we do not qualify for this mission to mars or even considered, I would not worry. I would be thankful to Dennis for making me dream about flying into space one more time, and to include my wife in it! And also to remember our wedding Scripture that calls us to walk in unity,

“Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?” (Amos 3:3)

Can two fly together, unless they are agreed?


4 comments:

  1. LOL very funny jiju... Yet I hope you both some day go beyond mars to mercury or may be to Jupiter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice anna. Heartiest congratulations to you both on completing 10 year of love, growth and happiness. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete