Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Feeling Special, a Post Birthday Post

It's my birthdayYesterday was my Birthday! And it’s a great & wonderful feeling when you celebrate your birthday. You feel like a king Smile 

Though until yesterday I did not think or plan anything for my birthday, but on the morning of 22 Jan as soon I woke up, I could sense this strange yet awesome feeling within me. What was that feeling? I felt that I was “special”.

My birthdayAfter I woke up, I started waking up my wife and wanted to hear her wish me, “Happy birthday, Josh”. In through the day whenever my parents, in-laws, friends called me up and wished me I felt good and special. Added to all of that the surprise Treasure Hunt that my wife prepared for me, the gifts that she gave me, the cake that she prepared for me, the celebration that my friends arranged for me, the prayers that people prayed for me, all of which made my day special!

But greater still was when I had another birth day – the day I was born again! The day I confessed my sins and invited Jesus Christ to live in me, to be my Lord and Saviour. It was not just a single day event, but many incidents followed up and culminated on that day – 24 Jan 1999. Until that day neither did I know about that feeling or had ever experienced it.

NewEverything felt new to me; myself, the people around me, the world around me, the air that I breathed, the environment and the very existence of my life!

“anyone united with the Messiah gets a fresh start, is created new. The old life is gone; a new life burgeons!” (2 Corinthians 5:17 MSG)

Being born again brings great joy that which is incomparable and unsurpassable. The newness that it brings is newer than every new dress or new cake or every thing new that anyone would have ever got or enjoyed in life.

On birthday’s friends, spouse, relatives, colleagues rejoice, but when someone is born again – heaven rejoices! “there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents” (Luke 15:10 NIV).

We all would like to throw parties on our birthday. But do you know that heaven throws a party when you are born again? “that’s the kind of party God’s angels throw every time one lost soul turns to God” (Luke 15:10 MSG). Yes, when someone turns to God, heaven throws a party!

Birthday is an annual event that makes someone feels special just on that day. But being born again makes you special everyday.

I  am specialYesterday was my birthday and tomorrow marks the beginning of my born again day! Today, makes the middle day between these two significant days in my life. You might be in the middle of a rising career inching towards making it successful. Or you are searching for the purpose and meaning in life. Or your uneventful smooth life has suddenly taken a stormy turn. Whatever situation or mood or phase of life you might be in, I pray and hope that you would be born again, to have the experience of not just feeling, but BEING “special everyday”. Because you become God’s child!

“For God says, "At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you." Indeed, the "right time" is now. Today is the day of salvation.” (2 Corinthians 6:2 NLT)

I Am special loved accepted and forgiven

I Am the apple of God’s eye

I Am special loved accepted,

Special Loved Protected

and I don’t even have to try.

 

He loved me before the world began

And He called me by name

His love will last for all the time

And will never ever never change…

I am Special…


2 comments:

  1. Hi Mariyosh... loved reading this... read this to Binny n Joel too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie for the comment... Praise be to God!

      Delete