Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Wedding Story


My wedding with Angel took place on 6th October 2008. I thought as we will be celebrating our 2nd Wedding Anniversary in four days time, it would be appropriate to write my wedding story.
 
My director Brother Augustine Jebakumar brought me the proposal of Angel in Feb 2008. I had laid a few stipulations for the girl-to-become-my-wife. One, she should be a believer and committed herself to do only God's will. Second, should speak Tamil (as I wanted her to converse well with my parents and all my relatives). Thirdly, she should be ready to go with me wherever God send us and to live anywhere in any condition.
 
I was against caste based marriage and after marriage I came to know that Angel also had determined the same. Angel had already passed all my laid tests.
 
I was very busy with the preparations of posters for the meeting in March 2008 in Sikaria and so couldn't give my reply regarding the proposal. Later I came to know that Angel's parents were very anxious to know my reply.
 
The meeting got over on 29th March 2008. On 31st March I spent time alone with God to know His will for my marriage. God gave me a verse and confirmed that Angel is the one to become my wife. I came out of my room, smiling (every one noticed that!). The same day I gave my reply to my director and he conveyed it to Angel's parents. Her father came and met me the very next day. I talked to my parents regarding this. Angel's parents and sister and her husband went to my home in Trichy and met my parents in the last week of April and our marriage was fixed.
 
But, on 5th May as I got up early in the morning, I had terrible pain in my stomach and couldn't even brush my teeth. I called for help and I was taken to the hospital in our campus. The pain was excruciating and was unbearable to bear. I was put on pain killers. I was diagnosed with Pancreatitis. I was shifted to a hospital in Varanasi and was entirely on pain killers for 5 days. As it was getting worse I was flown from Varanasi to Delhi to Chennai and was admitted in CMC, Vellore. There after all diagnosis the cause was found as Pararthyroid Adenoma. I was operated. All this took five long months.
 
Pain, diagnostic tests, medicines, pathiya sapadu (sick-bed food), books and SMS (from my would-be!) became part of my life for all those five months. As nobody was sure when I would be healed, our marriage kept postponing. Doctors had even said that I may not live. Later I heard that Angel was asked to forget me, because of my condition. But she kept on persevering with me, though in a distant land. All those five months, she kept on fasting and praying for me. God healed me completely.
 
I came back to Trichy and printed my wedding card.
 
I was back to Bihar in the last week of September 2008. And our special day was on 6th October 2008.


We were declared man and wife. And we live happily ever after.....

5 comments:

  1. Wow! its amazing, the way God works through storms. i'm personally encouraged. Thank you for the write up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that this post was an encouragement and thank you for leaving this comment here.

      Delete
  2. A living testimony, dear Brother. God bless you and use you more and more in the days to come.. Advance Anniversary wishes. :-)

    ReplyDelete