Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Something Beautiful

Parrot

Something beautiful happened this morning” said my wife as she came down from the terrace into the house, the other day. She had gone up to dry the clothes and here is what she said, “As I was drying the clothes I saw a group of Parrots on the tree. To my amazement one of the Parrots flew and sat on the string on which I was drying the clothes. You know that I love Parrots! I was so thrilled to see this Parrot, which was not at all afraid of my presence. It hopped on the string and as it came up on one of the clothes that I had dried, it bent its head and tried sucking the water from the cloth. After it could find no more water it hopped to the next drying garment and tried the same.

Fearing that I might scare it away, I stepped away a little and as if understanding my gesture, the Parrot hopped very close to me and tried sucking the water from the hanging cloth. I wanted it to stay there. I understood that it was thirsty. Since our clothes are machine dried, water was not dripping from them. I felt so bad.

After looking at this Parrot for a while, I took a heavy cloth to dry on the string. Though I tried not to scare away the Parrot and tried placing it softly on the string, the Parrot flew away. I was so sorry for what had happened and wished that the Parrot would come back again.” After I listened intently to my wife as she narrated this episode with the Parrot I responded, “Since Summer has started all birds will be looking for water. May be we should keep some water in our terrace for the birds.”

The same day sometime in the evening as we were sitting on our cot, we could hear the sound of flapping of wings on our closed window. My wife tried slowly lifting the curtain to try and see what was that, sighing, “I wish it’s the same Parrot”. But it was a Pigeon instead. Only then this thought dawned in my heart that either we provide or not, the birds of the air are provided by God!

SearchingAs I began recollecting this incident, trail of thoughts flooded my mind. All the people in this world suffer with some need or the other and we in the search to fulfil our needs, come close to God. We start frantically searching for ways to be satisfied, to feed our hungers and to quench our thirsts. Though we realize the presence of the Almighty, because we search at the wrong places, His presence becomes fearful to us.

We take His silent seemingly inactive presence as to being ignored; not realizing that He is working His way in our lives to provide us with divinely legitimate answers. His gestures to make us feel comfortable in His presence scare us because of the guilt and evil  and prejudices that is inside of us.

If only we would realize and understand His love for us, our lives will change. We will go to Him for every need of our life rather than seeking for the fulfilment elsewhere. Even if our needs and search are legitimate we need to wait for God, knowing that He is concerned of us and is actively working His ways in our life.

We cannot gather grapes from thorns and figs from thistles! (Matthew 7:16) Stop searching for fulfilment and satisfaction from the wrong source. Began your search in Jesus Christ.

“because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.” (Romans 1:19-21 NKJV)

Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?” (Matthew 6:26 NKJV)

“He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?” (Romans 8:32 NKJV)


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful... we are provided for... Jehovah Jireh !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't forget that experience dear. It's still so fresh in my mind.I wish I could hold that parrot in my hand and be its friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't forget that experience dear. It's still so fresh in my mind.I wish I could hold that parrot in my hand and be its friend.

    ReplyDelete