Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Accident - Shaken to Shape Up!

Belgian Chocolate Gift Box

Yesterday a big accident took place at my home! Accident of chocolates Smile. I was placing the box of Belgian chocolates (the best of gifts that my Sister-in-Law presented me) in the topmost shelf and accidentally I tripped it over and the box fell “thud” on the ground with the chocolates falling everywhere. Here one and there one, I started collecting the chocolates and placed them in the tray which had also fallen off the box.

Chocolate Box OpenAs I was placing the chocolates in the tray I found that there was no place for two chocolates. I took the box, which was fallen at a far off distance, and to my surprise, as I opened it, I found another tray inside! All these days I was thinking that there is only one tray of chocolates and so I was very preciously saving them and was very protective about them as well.

Only yesterday did I come to know that there is one more tray of chocolates to relish! The accident brought out the hidden sweets!

When we face struggles and storms in our life that shake us up, we become very worried. Growing up in a broken home, losing a parent at a young age, misunderstood by beloveds and everyone, death of a dear one, shouldering a dependant family with financial strain, becoming the company’s downsizing victim all of this and much more really shake us up. We tend to ask,

“Is there anything good going to happen to me?”

“What good is going to come out of this?”

But I tell you, the more we go through storms the more our hidden talents, skills, character, personality is going to show up. We would be surprised that such hidden talents were lying within us. We would have had no idea that such confidence was buried within us, until we faced that horrible and difficult situation in life.

Cheer up friend if you are in a tough spot right now. God has allowed such a stormy situation that shakes you, to SHAPE you! Keep thinking about that good thing you have learnt, that nice character that you have developed, that gifts of yours that you have discovered. You are being shaken to shape up to shine! So that your life may bring sweetness in the lives of others, like those Belgian chocolates!

Broken ChocolateAlways remember one more thing, especially if you are going through a tough time because of someone; do not hurt the person who has hurt you. The chocolate that I dropped is not going to taste bitter when I would eat it! It will only be sweet! And It will give me only sweetness!!

“Who comforts (consoles and encourages) us in every trouble (calamity and affliction), so that we may also be able to comfort (console and encourage) those who are in any kind of trouble or distress, with the comfort (consolation and encouragement) with which we ourselves are comforted (consoled and encouraged) by God.” (2 Corinthians 1:4 AMP)

“So we’re not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There’s far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can’t see now will last forever.” (2 Corinthians 4:16-18 MSG)


1 comment: