Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Confused over God’s Will in Career?

What CareerOn 4th Sep 2012 as I came home in the evening I told my wife, “I have a desire to work in Africa… and also would like to work in the UN (United Nations)”. Angel replied, “Josh, is this like one among your many desires??” and she went on to laugh.

Next day morning, that is on 5th Sep I come to the office and opened my email and this is what I see -

UN Opening Africa

What would you call this – Coincidence or Divine leading?

The next day other than my daily meditational routine of the Bible I happened to read a particular portion from the Book of Jeremiah and this is what I read (the 45th chapter) -

45 The word that Jeremiah the prophet spoke to Baruch the son of Neriah, when he had written these words in a book at the instruction of Jeremiah, in the fourth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah, king of Judah, saying, 2 “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, to you, O Baruch: 3 ‘You said, “Woe is me now! For the Lord has added grief to my sorrow. I fainted in my sighing, and I find no rest.”’

4 “Thus you shall say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord: “Behold, what I have built I will break down, and what I have planted I will pluck up, that is, this whole land. 5 And do you seek great things for yourself? Do not seek them; for behold, I will bring adversity on all flesh,” says the Lord. “But I will give your life to you as a prize in all places, wherever you go.”’”

While the entire book of Jeremiah is prophecies concerning Judah and a call for it to repent, in this particular chapter the prophecy is directly concerning Baruch, the Scribe whom the Lord used to write down the prophecies that He gave to Jeremiah.

I know that God’s call for my life is to write, to be God’s Scribe, which He spoke through the book of Ezekiel in year 2007. And at this juncture I read this prophecy. The words that I have made bold struck me as hard as a hammer and I knew exactly what the Lord was speaking to me – Do not seek great things for yourself!

And for the last two weeks I have been meditating the 4th chapter of Luke and since last week I am meditating from Luke 4:14-30 and these are the inferences that I drew from this Scripture.

  • The ministry of Jesus was founded on the Scriptures
  • He knew His purpose from the Scriptures
  • He was not disturbed when people did not understand His call

I asked these questions to myself -

  1. Is my ministry founded on God’s Word?
  2. Am I sure of God’s purpose for my life and ministry?
  3. Am I looking for a way out because of oppression or disturbance? And do I want to change my purpose/place because of this?

And I could realize and experience the assurance of God, as He assured Baruch!


I have left many variables un-expounded because I might understate or overstate. So I want you to connect the dots and draw inferences for your life.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post Anna! I like the simplicity of your writing and the sincere rendering of your heart!This is one such aspect I feel has been way too exploited or overstated by many, I would someday love to deliberate and write on this referencing from the Living word's cover to cover... Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe! May the Lord's name be glorified and may the Lord fulfill your desires to fulfill His purposes!

      Delete