Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Shack

A German friend who visited GEMS gave me 'The Shack' to read, knowing that I am fond of books. I took The Shack along in my recent travel to meetings in Chennai and Pondicherry. To be precise, I read the book on the four days of my travel.

The Shack is a novel written by William Paul Young, who was raised among a stone-age tribe by his missionary parents in the highlands of New Guinea. 

Reading this book had been a wonderful experience. I enjoyed, repented and resolved so many things in my heart. It has taught me new areas about relationships. God's perspectives to relationship told in a very practical way. Truly an amazing book. 

A brand new way of presenting God to this generation, that which is struggling to relate with God, in all matters, bogged down by the traditionalisms, expectations and all the hypocrisy around. 

Truths beautifully told in a novel is The Shack....

Read this book and I am very sure it will surprise you in ways you will not expect and will change you..... Also visit http://www.theshackbook.com to read a few pages online...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I loved shack too. I laughed, cried and experienced an awesome journey with that book.

    check out my review at http://mymastersvoice-reviews.blogspot.com/2009/04/shack.html

    ReplyDelete