Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The True Valentine-The Love That Satisfies!

Cracked HeartCalled her phone several times. No answer. Sent her SMS. No reply.

He said he will meet me at the Spencer’s. I was waiting for him for half an hour. He sent me a SMS, “Dear, I am sorry. My boss called me to the office for an urgent work. I won’t be able to come.” With tears swelling up I just turned to go, I was shocked to the core. He was down there on the third floor with my colleague Reshma!

I have been waiting for this day so eagerly for nearly a month, as she told me that she will reply me today. I was on facebook and there was a message. I hoped that it should be from her. And yes, it was! I opened it, “Rahul, I am sorry. I love our TL and not you! Please don’t try to call me or text me.”

“I never thought he would do that to me”, I mumbled as I carried my things away from the apartment where I lived with Rishi for two years. We were so intimate that I thought he loved only me. But today I learnt a lesson.

It was a great day for me! I took Ruchi to Forum. Bought her a diamond pendant (for which I saved for 8 months!). We went to the PWR and watched the latest release. Ate at The Enclave. Then she left. I came back to my room. It all feels lonely once again.

All my colleagues at the office were teasing me, “Hey Rithesh! Are you still a virgin? Shame on you man!” I dated with Riya for 9 months and she had promised that we will seal our relationship on 14th February. I was waiting for this day. All excitement was over. But I never anticipated the shame and guilt that followed. I don’t think this is true love.

Sex out of wedlock does not satisfy. CS Lewis the creator of Narnia very rightly said, “"God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing".

You might think that 14th of February is the most satisfying day in your life. You got to read what the 14th verse of the 14th chapter of Proverbs says about satisfaction?

“The backslider in heart will be filled with his own ways, but a good man will be satisfied from above.” (Proverbs 14:14)

Neither entertainment, nor celebration, hang-outs, girl or boy friend, no relationship, nothing can satisfy. It is all like the dew that vanishes in the morning. Only a relationship with God lasts forever and truly satisfies. Commit your life and ways to God and He will satisfy you with good things from above.

It is time that you find the TRUE VALENTINE that you find only in the Bible,

 True Love

On this valentine’s day Jesus wants you to be His valentine. He loves you and He died for you.

Your girlfriend may let you down,

Your boyfriend may let you down;

Folks of the world may let you down,

But Jesus never fails!

 

This Valentine the BEST OFFER that you can get is the offer of  the love of God. Love that satisfies!


No comments:

Post a Comment