Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Making my Father Proud!

father-and-son

On the eve of my birthday I think it is a good reason to write this post. Because it is my parents who are the reason for me coming into this world and it is appropriate to make them proud.

Whenever I would visit my parents on weekends or while at staying at my parent’s place during summer vacations I remember being called by my father to help him with his electrical repair work. Before joining the Indian Army he did his Diploma in the electrical trade and so when any electrical appliance at home would not function he would repair it by himself – the ceiling & the table fan, mixer grinder, etc.

Though I liked the way my father would repair the household electrical goods all by himself, personally I did not like involving in that. Because that would mean missing playing on my weekends and holidays. Secondly, my father was very meticulous in his work and he expected me too to be perfect even if it was just assisting – like tightening the screws, winding the coil, etc. Often I would receive scolding from him. But as a child I did not like being scolded for that which I could not do and so in course of time I stopped assisting my father.

But yesterday my wife found a new plug and kept it on the table. As I saw that plug, I just thought that it could be used to replace the malfunctioning plug of the room heater. So for the very first time, I unscrewed the plug, removed the cables from the sockets and rewired the cables into the new plug and plugged it into the electric socket (with much prayersSmile) and it worked!

The Malfunctioned PlugRepairing

The Fixed PlugFixed!

I was so happy that I started telling my wife how my father would repair the electrical goods at home and all that stuff. And the only thing that was going on in my mind was, “If only my father would be here and see what I have done, he will be proud”.

Likewise whenever our actions, words and thoughts are good, noteworthy and God-pleasing our heavenly Father will also be proud. The Bible says that He will be proud enough to call us as His children and to declare that He is our Father and God!

“But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.” (Hebrews 11:16 NKJV)

Is the Heavenly Father proud of you? What is it that brings shame to His name? Check your life and repent.


1 comment: