Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

I Scream "Ice Creams"




I love Ice Creams. Chocolate Truffle, chocolate fudge, fruit & nut, vanilla, strawberry, butter scotch, Pistachio, cassata slice, all flavours! When I was in school doing my 11th standard, my friend Antony Prabhu and I would go to an ice cream parlour which is very close to our school. The name of the parlour is Michael’s. The ice creams were all made in that shop and the cost was very less.


Vanilla was two rupees, chocolate and fruit salad four rupees. The man serving ice creams at the shop always calculated the total cost for the ice creams had by the customers by the cups on the table. We used to eat cups after cups that the shopkeeper would run out of cups that he had to take away our cups from the table to be washed and serve us and other customers. We used to eat 10-12 cups of ice creams each.

And I remember that we used to always go to that parlour right on the last day of our exams. A good way to end the exams!



Even now, wherever I go the first thing that I look out for in a place is an Ice Cream parlour.  So much so that my wife says that Ice Cream parlours have become my landmark for any place that I take her.

A few parlours that will always remain in my memory – the Michael’s (near St. James school) & Arun (near Singarathope) of Trichy, Fruits & Nuts and Baskin Robins (besides Hotel Maurya) of Patna and Kamadhenu of Dehri (though it’s not an ice cream parlour as such)!



When I was in Dhanbad, it was usual for me and my friends to celebrate all our birthdays with a good meal at home and end it with an Arun Family Pack!




You know why am I typing this today? Today is 6th Oct 2010 and it is my wedding anniversary. We are in Sasaram with Angel’s dad. Uncle had prepared a good lunch for us. And just as I had finished my food, uncle bought a chocolate cone ice cream. Wow! It was good. My heart was merry and I remembered all about ice creams. Ice creams, a good way to celebrate anniversaries too! Thank you God for making ice creams!

3 comments:

  1. That´s a lot of ice expierience, but you have to taste the ice cream all over the world.

    Ice Cream!!! I need real IceCream! Ben an Jerry´s is quiet the best ONE. Caramel with Chocosplit..

    hmmmmm.. Adventure

    Phil ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice man...!!!Icecreams are yummy... Only thing I am surprised about it is howmuchever icecreams u eat, u dont seem to store the additional calories at all!!! U still are slim.... :)
    People are concerned about issues that worry them :)

    ReplyDelete